Thursday, April 22, 2010

He Loves Me!

One of my best friends gave me an awesome birthday present last year. It sits on the "decorative" table in our bedroom. Everyday it reminds me of how much God loves me... and my friend too.
My friend is currently the Children's Minister at Shannon Oaks Church in Sulphur Springs, TX. The church paid for the staff to make their offices a little more decorative. She ordered a MASSIVELY large canvas from me for her office. (24X48... too large to ship!) Her request: "I want to it look just like the birthday present I gave you, but I want it to be red." And that's exactly what I did. Just a much larger scale.
There is a story associated with this canvas though. I couldn't ship it, so I delivered it on my way to my final destination last week. I was so overwhelmed with the 115 canvases  I had to paint, that I didn't get to put all my attention on this one. I painted the red coat twice while I was working on the Marathon canvases. Let's just say 2 wasn't enough. The day before I left to go out of town, I painted another red coat. The next morning, I work up and it still wasn't enough. So, that morning, I painted another coat. Went and ran a few errands, came back to my house, and noticed that it still needed another coat. So.... I painted another coat. While it was still wet, I put it in my car and let it dry flat on my way from Minot, ND to Omaha, NE. lol! Then when I stayed at a hotel, I carried the MASSIVELY large canvas through the lobby to my room, to paint the white. Let's just say a few people stared. lol! The next morning, I carried it back through the lobby to my car. That night I stayed with my grandparents. The next morning, I got up, touched up the white. Again, while it was still wet, I put in my car and let it dry flat on my way from Texarkana to Dry Prong, LA. When I delivered it, it was as dry as could be. lol! Needless to say, it was quite the adventure... but I didn't get any pics of it before I delivered it. (I should have taken pics through the process, but that would have been 10 times more stressful!).
My friend sent me these pics of her office. Love it!































Here's the inspiration:













Have a blessed day!

No comments: