Monday, August 22, 2011

Lord, I Need You

I just finished this canvas (and I'm taking it to the post office today). My client wanted the lyrics of Chris Tomlin's "Lord, I Need You" painted on a canvas. "Our new favorite song is Chris Tomlin's Lord, I Need You. And on the day Faith was born we listened to it on the way to the hospital for peace and comfort. To this day, I sing it to her often. So, it has sentimental value." 
The lyrics of this song has been the cry of my heart this past week. Many things have been going on in our family.... the only thing I can say and sing is "Lord, I Need You." I almost kept this canvas for myself, but I thought that would probably not be the right thing to do.


Verse 1:
Lord I come, I confess
Bowing here I find my rest
Without You I fall apart
You're the one that guides my heart

Chorus:

Lord, I need You, oh I need You
Every hour I need You
My one defense, my righteousness
Oh God, how I need You

Verse 2:

Where sin runs deep, Your grace is more
Where grace is found is where You are
And where You are Lord I am free
Holiness is Christ in me
Yes where You are Lord I am free
Holiness is Christ in me

Bridge:

So teach my song to rise to You
When temptation comes my way
And when I cannot stand I'll fall on You
Jesus You're my hope and stay
And when I cannot stand I'll fall on You
Jesus You're my hope and stay 


 Have a blessed Monday!

No comments: