Tuesday, August 30, 2011

A Late and Early Gift

I have a friend who was ordained as a minister several months ago. (He's the husband of Alisha!)  He is a youth minister at Bedico Baptist Church in Ponchatoula, Louisiana and I was suppose to get this canvas to him months ago. Well, as you can see.... that didn't happen! With our move to Vegas along with the craziness of life, it didn't get done when I wanted it to. I told myself that if I didn't have it finished by his birthday (September 25th), then I could submit my name to the "Worst Friend in the World Contest" (I'm not sure if they really have that, but I really don't want my name associated with it!). However, there is good news! I made it by his birthday! Woo-hoo!

Dustin has a passion for serving the Lord, and he has a servant's heart pretty much bigger than anyone I know. I asked his wife which scripture was his favorite and she gave me this one.... Mark 10:45, "For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many." I LOVE that verse! It's definitely on my top 10 list! 


I placed post-it notes (about 20 of them) on the wall in Dustin's office where I wanted him to hang this canvas. That was SEVERAL months ago! So, I'm sure he's found something a little cooler that post-it notes by now to fill the space. I hope you have a fun place for this in your office my friend! Enjoy it! My husband said it was "manly" and he would hang it up in his office (that's always the test when I'm painting for guys).


So, Happy LATE Ordination and Happy EARLY Birthday Dustin!
Have a blessed Tuesday!

No comments: