Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Recipe: Americana Italiana

I can't take credit for this recipe. I watched Rachel Ray make it on one of her shows, but it has become a favorite in our household. (I think she calls it something else, but Americana Italiana is shorter.)

Ingredients:
6 slices peppered bacon
1 box whole wheat penne pasta (cooked)
1 can fire roasted tomatoes (28 oz.)
2 medium red onions (chopped)
3 cloves of garlic
1 container of chicken stock
Fresh parsley and basil
Mozzarella or Parmesan cheese (shredded)

1. Heat up Olive Oil.
2. Cut up bacon and add to skillet. After about 3 minutes, add onions and garlic.
3. When onions are soft, add chicken stock and tomatoes. Bring to a boil and then let simmer for 15 minutes.
4. Add pasta, parsley, and basil.
5. Top with cheese.


I hope this makes it to your dinner table tonight! Enjoy!

Have a blessed Tuesday!

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

Yum! I'm gonna so try this.
Lindsey