Monday, September 26, 2011

It Is Well With My Soul

I have a friend who sent me a pic she found on Pinterest. She loved the words and texture of the painting, but she wanted it a lot larger. So, I hope I made her dreams come true with this painting. lol!

I didn't have any gray paint readily available, so I mixed a custom color. I would like to call this one "Roberts Gray"- (I will probably never be able to make this exact color again, so enjoy it!)  This painting was a lot of fun to do, but a little challenging. I wanted to give her the texture she wanted, so I tried a few things, including tea bag staining. I thought it was the perfect idea until I saw it after it dried. It wasn't dark enough. My next option....  Antique Stain. It was darker and still provided some texture. I left it at that.

Take a look at the final product. I think I need one of these for my house. It's one of my favorite hymns.

Have a blessed Monday!

No comments: