Monday, July 12, 2010

Cross Roads Seniors!!!

I absolutely LOVE the seniors at our church! I'm sad that most of them are leaving because they are all so special to me. Since there wasn't an official Senior Luncheon, each of them got a free lunch with the Lee's.... one on one!!!! I cherish the time I got to spend with each of them.
I'm sure you can guess what their present was?!??!?!? LOL! A canvas with their favorite colors and verses (well, this was the plan for most of them).

Introducing the Seniors at Cross Roads Baptist Church:

Sarah H.- She will be heading to Florida in the fall for college... I'm so jealous!
Sarah, you make me laugh like no body else. You are totally RANDOM, but I love that about you. It has been an honor to be able to see you grow spiritually this year. Keep being a BRIGHT light for JESUS!!!!

Myk- He will be heading to Florida as well. :(
Myk, I am so proud of you. I pray that if Stephen and I have boys, that they are like you. Your spiritual maturity is unbelievable... especially at your age. Thank you for being a wonderful example to the younger guys in the youth group. I know God has great things in store for you, and I can't wait to see what they are!

Leah- She will be going to Minot State Universtiy! Woo-hoo!!! That means she will still be close.
Leah, I want to thank you for being an encourager in my life. It always seems that when I'm doubting what God is doing, He always sends you.... whether through text, email, or a card! You brighten my day! I have LOVED teaching Zumba with you.... you always make me bring my A-game to class. LOL! Keep trusting the Lord and wait on His guidance. 

Sarah A.- She's an AGGIE! lol! Texas A&M is way too far away!
Sarah, I have enjoyed hearing and learning about all the fun places you've been (I hope to one day be as cool as you! LOL!) You are so artistic and if I ever go to a Spanish speaking country, I'm sticking you in my suitcase. I know God has a wonderful plan for you, especially during college. You are going to make tons of friends... so many you won't know what to do with them all. Allow God to use you.... all of you! I promise, you won't regret it. School is important, but God's mission is even more important. He'll help you find the balance.

Seniors,
Thank you for allowing me to spend your senior year with you. When you grow up and become successful, don't forget about Mrs. Robyn. LOL! I'm only kidding. I truly am blessed for knowing each of you. So as you go off to college (or stay in Minot), I have a couple of words of advice.... if you want to call it that.
#1: Find a church- the most valuable piece of advice I can give you. My church in college was what helped me make it through... literally.
#2: Call you parents at least once a week (enough said)
#3: Don't be scared to make friends. The friends you make in college will probably be your closest friends for the rest of your life.
#4: Study (it's a must)
#5: When going to a restaurant (especially when someone else is paying), eat the food that isn't good reheated first... then take the rest home (2 for 1 meal). I did this all the time when my parents came to town. College students are poor... and you have to eat!
#6: Get involved (with campus activities)
#7: HAVE FUN!!!!!!!! (not so much that you flunk out of school)
When you get to college, make sure you send me your mailing address!!!! I have a tendency to send fun care packages, I'm just sayin'!
In Christ,
Mrs. Robyn

Have a blessed Monday!

*The middle Uruguay painting was inspired by a t-shirt Aubri Duran did for one of our mission trips.

No comments: