Monday, July 18, 2011

Book Review

I have made the decision to start reading more. As a kid, I read ALL the time. But as I've gotten older I have stopped reading as much. Much of this is due to always having to read things I didn't want to in college..... kind of put a bad taste in my mouth. Needless to say, I never had time for pleasure reading. A habit I wish I would have made time for anyway. 

So, in order to make myself read, I went to the library to get a library card. The Clark County Library in Vegas is so great... and pretty (I might add!) I checked out a book, based solely on the summary on the back of the book. The first book I checked out was absolutely terrible. Way too many unnecessary actions and words. I was disappointed! I finished it, but I skimmed most of the book after I realized this was not a book I would recommend to anyone. I returned it after reading it, then did a little more research for the next book. 

I decided to stick with the Christian section. I stumbled upon this book and let me just say.... I recommend it. It's not your typical cheesy Christian book. There are some real life problems in it that most people try to shy away from. If your in need of an idea for a book to read, read The Penny. Read it at the beach, on an exercise bike, or sitting on your couch!

Have a blessed Monday!

No comments: