Friday, May 11, 2012

Happy Mother's Day!

      I hope everyone has a wonderful Mother's Day! Treat your momma to a special day. Let her know how much you love her.
      My mom lives several states and thousands of miles away, but I still hope she feels special this weekend. She's getting a new sewing machine....she's an excellent seamstress (she'll deny it, but I can tell you right now, she is very gifted). I'm so thankful for her and how she has blessed my life. I pray that I have been a blessing to her as well.
      One thing I'm so grateful for is that we always had dinner together at the table.... at least 4 times a week. When I was a kid, I didn't understand the importance or how hard it actually was to get the family to sit down around the dinner table all at the same time. I heard a statistic on the radio the other day: Kids who eat dinner at the table with their families 4-5 times a week are 85% less likely to participate in high-risk activities. Thanks Momma for helping me make good decisions, just but eating at the dinner table. Eating as a family around the table is one of the things I try to do in my household today. My favorite part of the day is when my husband and I can sit together at the dinner table....no TV, no cell phones (except when his phone rings), just the two of us talking about our day. I hope one day my kids will appreciate it as much as I do.
   Sidenote, I remember going to a friends house in junior high and I asked if they would like me set the table. Talk about some weird looks. "Set the table?" HAHAHA! My friend made fun of me for a year because I placed a napkin, fork, and knife at each person's seat. I thought everybody did that until that day. No worries, the girl who made fun of me is still one of my best friends. lol!
   Happy Mother's Day Mom! I love you!
Have a blessed Mother's Day weekend!

No comments: