Tuesday, March 27, 2012

A Snowstorm Detour

Last week, my husband and I made a cross country trip.....by car. The greatest thing about traveling for several days in cramped quarters was that I had the pleasure of spending a lot of time with my best friend. The worse thing was the weather. We were 20 minutes from our first stop to stay the night and the interstate was closed. CLOSED?! What? It was closed due to the weather. My husband and I lived in North Dakota for several winters and the weather conditions in Arizona (where we were) were nothing close to what we lived in. So, after several minutes of waiting and asking whether we should stay or make a detour, we finally decided to make a detour. We definitely went out of the way, but we didn't lose a day of traveling. Here's what we woke up to the very next day at our hotel.
 We had plenty of practice doing this in North Dakota. I think it's a skill you never forget.
P.S.- If you are ever in Prescott, AZ. The Hampton Inn is a great place to stay. The lady at the front desk was so helpful...even after she was snowed in with the rest of us. She put the guests before herself.
Have a blessed Tuesday!

No comments: