Thursday, November 3, 2011

DIY: Card Holder

I love our home. It's spacious, nice, and I can paint walls any color I would like (something I didn't have in our last home). However, there is one little space that drives me crazy!!! The wall dividing our dining room from our living room and kitchen has a thermostat on it. The thermostat is off-centered, boxy, and an eye sore. I'm sure I would feel differently if it wasn't seen by everyone who comes into our home.

I thought of a plan to "fix" this. No, didn't move the thermostat. I just covered it up....with MAIL. I LOVE getting mail, and I keep cards and letters that are sent to me. There is something special about words written on paper... I just can't explain it.

I bought an ugly canvas with a beautiful frame at a thrift store a couple of months ago (I'll have to post the before picture later). It has been patiently sitting in our garage until I figured out what I wanted to do with it.

Here it is!!!!
Old frame, picture wire, and clothes pins. Love it! And that's a wedding invitation covering up the ugly thermostat.

Have a blessed Thursday!

1 comment:

Kate Aletheia said...

Aw, Robyn, I love it! I was trying to picture how it would come out(I'm not very good at that). I love that you used wire & pins.