Monday, October 3, 2011

Courageous

I know it's now almost 6:00 PM and I realized I didn't have a post scheduled for today. Oops! I guess everything works out for a reason because I was thinking yesterday that I really wanted to blog about the new movie "Courageous". Today is the perfect day for it.... nothing was on my posting schedule.

My husband and I finally had a date on Saturday. So, we went to the theatre to see a movie that I said I wanted to see... several months ago. He asked me if I would like to see it and I was completely shocked. I think because it wasn't a chick flick, he was more excited about seeing this movie than all the other ones I had mentioned.
I have never cried so much in a movie before. I started crying 5 minutes (literally) into the movie and didn't stop until I walked out of the theatre.  And I laughed sooooo hard!!!!! You know the kind of laughs where your whole body shakes and you can't control it. Yeah, that was me! I laughed, I cried, I was scared, and I was comforted. I should probably elaborate on the scared and comforted part.
My husband is in the military.....security forces (military cop). He carries a gun, he puts his life on the line, and I worry about him EVERYDAY. I know that he was designed to do this job. God created him completely different than me (I guess that's why we balance each other!). Watching this movie, let me see a glimpse of what he does at work. I know everyday isn't crazy, but I know there are days when I can just feel in my soul that he didn't tell me everything that happened at work- to protect me and keep me from worrying even more.  My husband has also mentioned the idea of working for Las Vegas Metro before.... talk about being scared... me, not him!
But, I was also comforted as well. Comforted in the fact that God LOVED US SO MUCH that He sent His Son to die on the cross for our sins. I appreciated how they shared that in this movie and I appreciate how that was shared with me when I came to know the Lord as my Savior. There is nothing on this earth more comforting than knowing that God has your back and that one day you will spend eternity with Him.

If you would like to know more about knowing Jesus as your Lord and Savior, check out this site! Or you can email me or comment on this post. I would be more than honored to tell you more about Jesus!

Have a blessed Monday!

No comments: