Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Breast Cancer Awareness Month

October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. There are a few things that are happening at RCP to support this special event.

Event #1: All Canvases are 15% off this month. Sale ends on October 31st.

Event #2: I CUT MY HAIR!!!!!! That's right. 10.25"!!! My grandmother had breast cancer. When she was going through her chemo and radiation, I told her I would shave my head like hers. She told me not to do that, but to donate my hair so other people may have wigs. So, I have done it 5 times.  People are always shocked when I cut it because it's such a drastic change. But what most people don't realize is I grow it out to cut it. Believe me, I wouldn't keep it that long if it wasn't for a good cause. Long hair is beautiful, but it's a lot of work to keep up with.
I usually donate my hair through an organization called Locks of Love, but this year I decided to donate to a different organization- Beautiful Lengths. You can check out both of these if you're interested in how to donate.

Here's my inspiration for my new haircut:


My hair before I sent it in the mail:

Me (and my handsome husband):
Have a blessed Wednesday!

1 comment:

Kate Aletheia said...

Robyn, since talking to you about donating your hair, I've decided to donate mine once it's grown out enough. I'm so excited about the Pantene Beautiful Lengths. I'll be donating there in memory of my Grandmother who fought Breast Cancer. Thanks for the post. Oh, and fyi, I love the new cut! :) -Katie Schmdit