Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Nursery: Lamp Re-do

When shopping for Baby Lee's nursery, I found several items that I LOVED! Among those items was  a floor lamp from Target. It didn't have the lamp shade I would have preferred and the price was way too expensive for my budget. I'm sure to most people, $70 is cheap for a lamp, but not in the Lee household. I just couldn't bring myself to spend that much money on something. I even tried to find a wooden column at Lowe's to recreate it, but that didn't work out so well. My next stop was Goodwill....one of my favorite stores. You never know what you're going to find at Goodwill. Some days are better than others.
I found this lamp for $8. (I don't think I've paid more than $15 for any lamp in our house.) Here's what it looked like before.

I had a white lamp shade left over from another lamp I bought. I decided I didn't like it with the original lamp. I also had silver spray paint left over from another project as well. Total cost for a lamp: $8. That makes my pocket a lot happier than $70.
Have a blessed Wednesday!

No comments: